Beautiful combination of pink body and green pallav and border, make this Kanchipuram saree an instant favourite. The body is checkered with silver and gold zari motifs and the border and pallav have intricate weaves of peacocks and temple designs.
How to Store a Kanchipuram Saree?
1. You can stack your Kanchipuram sarees folded on a flat shelf. You can stack the
sarees on top of each other, 4-5 in one row. If you are stacking bridal sarees, then it’s
better to stack a maximum of 3 or 4 together.
2. You should keep swapping the sarees after every few months. Move the top saree to
the bottom, the bottom one in the middle, and likewise. It is advisable to keep the
sarees in a stack instead of hanging them.
3. If you wish, you may put silica gel sachets to absorb the moisture that might build up.
However, do not use naphthalene balls or any kind of deodorant in the storage area.
4. It is good to take out the stored Kanchipuram sarees at least once in a few months
and spreading them out over a cool surface like your bed. Let them breathe for 30-40
minutes after which you can fold them back and keep them in the storage again.
5. In order to fasten the process of starch removal, you can open your new saree and
shake it fall like you wave wet bedsheet. As the starch falls off, the saree will soften.